July 5, 2012

Where in the world is Lithia?



Readers of Out of Breath have often emailed me wondering where in the world is the little bucolic town of Lithia, Oregon.

I'll save you some searching on Google Maps and tell you right now that Lithia doesn't exist.

At least not as Lithia.

But if you visit a little town named Ashland, down near the California border, I'm quite certain you'll see the resemblances.

Ashland is home to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival and is situated at the edge of the Klamath National Forest -- the perfect refuge for ghosts and vampires and lots of other creepy residents! And there are so many hiking trails up in those hills that I don't think I will ever see them all.

The lovely town of Ashland, Oregon

So if you want to see the town that inspired Lithia, drop by Ashland.



No comments:

Post a Comment